Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Home and All is Well

Kaylee Brielle Van Horn was born at 12:52 PM Friday. She weighed in at 6lbs 9oz, and was 19.25 inches long. She is healthy and happy--at least when she's eating. She likes to eat a lot. She also likes to be held a lot. My girls are very needy. Brett was happy all the time. He really liked to sit in his swing, but Kaylee thinks I've abandoned her as soon as I put her down anywhere.

I got to come home a little early from the hospital. Everyone kept asking me if I wanted to stay one more day, but I really missed my family and I wanted to be home. It's hard to not pick up the kids, but they are pretty used to that by now. I was so huge by the end of the pregnancy that is was just impossible to carry anyone, or anything. But I'm glad to be home and able to sleep in my own recliner. Yes, recliner. I can't sleep in bed. It's just too difficult to get out of bed. I'm keeping up on my pain meds, but there are still a few things that just are impossible to do without pain.

Well, let's get on with the pictures:






4 comments:

Mat said...

Obviously you aren't sleeping to well in that recliner if you posted this at 5:51 in the AM.

She is a beautiful little girl, I can't wait for a chance to come over and meet her in person.

Ginna said...

aw, she's adorable. Congratulations!

engineergirl said...

Good work! She is beautiful!

R3Monkeys said...

Congts she is so beautiful. The best thing about C-Section baby's is they have the most pretty round heads. Olivia and Kimberly loved to be held all the time. I finally invested in a sling, dustbuster (they love the noise), and paid Sonoma $1.00 to hold them while I got a shower. Hope your not pushing yourself to much. I know its hard but take advantage of my brother as much as you can.

We downloaded her pic's on to my blackberry and Kate show's her off to anyone she can.