Wednesday, June 4, 2008

All Right, All Right...

All right, all right--I have finally jumped on the blogging band wagon. I don't know how good I'll be at keeping it up, but at least I can try.

I have to explain that Boo-Grr is what I call our cat. Her name is Boo, but I like to call her Boo-Grr. I rescued her my Junior year at BYU. She was ferral and we took her in as part of the Veterinary Technology program. She was only a few weeks old, and very adorable, so I adopted her. Little did I know that she is really the devil. I quickly had her declawed...twice. I sent her to the senior class to be declawed in the front. I then realized that was not enough and declawed her back paws myself in my surgery class. Unfortunately she still has teeth. I've threatened. She is a great looking cat with a great quality of life though. She is very happy and pretty good with the kids, so I can't justify getting rid of her. She has become part of the family.

Right now we are just hanging out at my parents house. We have two weeks left before closing on our new house in Bedford. The owner needed extra time to get packed up and out of the house. She is a school teacher and needed the school year to be over. But we are being patient. It's a very nice house in a very nice neighborhood. I have also learned that it's in one of the best school districts in North Texas.

We've had one bad experience since we got here. Okay, maybe just bad for Breanna. For those of you who know Breanna and her Bear, you will definitely understand this. We were out looking at furniture Saturday night when I noticed that Breanna did not have Bear. John assured me that Breanna did not bring Bear with her. I accepted that and we moved on.
Later that night, we could not find Bear anywhere. Sure enough, Breanna lost Bear at the furniture store. We called them, but no one had turned him in. They took my name and number, but no one called me all weekend. Breanna prayed that someone would find Bear. (It was really cute.) We finally had to go back to the furniture store Monday morning. We looked and looked, but found nothing. We checked at the front desk...nothing. I told Breanna that another kid probably picked Bear up and took him home. I had picked Breanna up to comfort her, and was walking back the way we came when as I explained all this to her, when she yelled "There he is!" I didn't see him anywhere. I was looking all over the floor and on the beds and chairs and I had to finally ask her where she saw him. She pointed to a shelf. Sure enough, someone had picked Bear up and put him on a high shelf of a bookcase. I would never had found him if I hadn't picked Breanna up. We were all happy she found Bear. We are all sleeping better too.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yeah for finding bear!!! Hopefully it wasn't too long of a weekend for you.