Saturday, June 21, 2008

Moving part II

We are now moved in to the house. We can't actually live in it until Monday though. We have no electricity or water until then. But everything is off the truck and in the house. Members from the ward came to help us. We were concerned that no one would show up because it was a Stake Temple morning AND the men had an assignment at the Bishop's store house. But we had about ten guys come out to help. It was done in no time. I will take pictures to post of everything as soon as I have the furniture arranged.

We weren't even sure we were going to be able to move stuff in this weekend. I waited until the last moment to call the storage place. They were completely booked for the weekend. We were going to have to wait until Monday, and we wouldn't have had any help. But, I ended up talking to a very nice lady at the storage place who was very sympathetic to my situation. I begged and then she begged the dispatcher to squeeze in one more drop off. After some begging and and bribing (the lady offered to buy the driver a candy bar), they finally agreed to get our truck to us the same day. Lucky lucky.

Not only is our stuff moved in, but the first councilor in the Bishopric came over and mowed our lawn for us too. This is a great ward.

Well, I forgot to call my brother yesterday on his birthday. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mathew!!! You're now caught up with Karie...no more jokes about that one! But of course your birthday is just a reminder that mine is only two weeks away. He He.

3 comments:

Mat said...

Congratulations guys! Way to make Mom and Dad true empty nesters, at least for a little while.

Wish we could have been around to help. We can't wait to come out in August and see the place.

Karie said...

Thanks for sticking up for me! I'm excited to see your new place too--at the moment I'm doing my very best not to be jealous. :D

Lorena said...

Hey, I found you. your mom said you have started a blog. I would like to say to you, put a bigger picture of your house on your blog! I can't see it, my eyes are bad.It looks really nice what I can see. I will say you need to be careful and safe and not show your address. Protect your little family from any crazy people out there.